S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
时间:2023-12-11 10:55:09 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the sixth straight month in October on the back of a trade surplus, a reduction in the service deficit and increased dividend income from overseas, central bank data showed Friday.
The country's current account surplus reached $6.8 billion in October, widening from the surplus of $5.42 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
October's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for seven straight months and dividend income from overseas has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.35 billion surplus in October, following a $7.42 billion surplus the previous month.
The nation's outbound shipments rose 7.6 percent on-year in October to $57 billion, while imports declined 4.3 percent over the cited period to $51.65, according to the central bank's data.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers, dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $2.77 billion in October, following a $1.57 billion surplus in September, the data showed.
The services account deficit also narrowed to $1.25 billion in October from a loss of $3.19 billion the previous month, the data showed. (Yonhap)
- Comedian Yang Se
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- [Today’s K
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- LG Energy Solution to supply EV battery modules to Poland's ICPT