Seoul shares open higher on US advance
时间:2023-12-11 11:42:31 出处:영화阅读（143）
South Korean stocks opened higher Friday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street amid expectations that the Federal Reserve's monetary tightening mode has passed.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index shot up 20.62 points, or 0.88 percent, to 2,363.74 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
US stocks closed higher overnight, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 1.7 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.78 percent.
The Fed has kept its benchmark lending rate steady at a 22-year high for a second consecutive time this week and market players bet that its rate-hike cycle has ended.
In Seoul, tech shares led the overall growth, with top cap Samsung Electronics rising 0.29 percent and No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix adding 0.48 percent.
Chemical shares kicked off higher as well, with chemical giant LG Chem increasing 3.29 percent and major oil refiner SK Innovation gaining 3.61 percent.
Leading carmaker Hyundai Motor rose 1.05 percent, while its smaller sister Kia shed 0.25 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis moved up 0.46 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,333.60 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 9.3 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- [Today’s K
- [Today’s K
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- Hyundai, Kia's combined exports set to hit 2 mln in 2023
- Mnet’s ‘Street Dance Girls Fighter 2’ targets global audience with multinational teen dancers
- Cemeteries, columbariums reinvent themselves as sanctuaries for the living
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- 北, 개성공단 30개 시설 무단 가동…통일부 "분명히 책임 묻겠다"